Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mish Mash Challenge #23: Favorite Color

Mish Mash Challenge Day on the first day of the year.  HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!  I've got a couple of things I am going to focus on for my blog, and one of them is to try to do a little bit of nail art.  Don't expect flawless water marbles on my first day, but little touches of something extra to start out with is probably a smart way to start.

So this week's challenge is Favorite Color.  Mine is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue.  LOVE this color still!  But I went to look for the bottle, and I'll be damned if I know where the heck I put it.  I'm betting that I left it out, and my cats found it.  It's probably under some piece of furniture somewhere... I had to go with the next best thing this week, and it's a color that's similar, but not really close.


Colors used:

So, Nicole by OPI's "Stand By Your Manny" is in the same color family as Pacific Blue - a really pretty periwinkle blue - but that's pretty much where the comparison ends.  The NOPI is sheer - VERY sheer and drags - and is chock full of shimmer.  Beautiful color in the bottle, but it took 4 coats on my fingers, and I still wasn't too happy with the coverage.  

HELLO NAIL ART!  I like coral and periwinkle together, and wanted to do something a little simple to pull my eye away from the coverage of the polish.  Mission accomplished, I think.


So - my blog header is updated for January, my Challenge post up, and a little bit of nail art done.  I'm starting off 2014 on a good note.  Now, I need to go bundle up like an Eskimo, and shovel the at least 4 inches of snow, and who the hell knows how much in drifts outside before it gets dark and even colder than it is right now.  Oh, and also before the 1-3 inches more of snow they are predicting before midnight hits.

Happy New Year everyone, and here's to what will be a FABULOUS 2014!  I'm making it happen!

Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment