Saturday, July 6, 2013

TNCC - Flowers #1

Hello everyone!  I have realized how much I enjoy participating in challenges, so I have started to pick up and participate in another one.  This one is a "challenge" for me, in more ways than one!

The Nail Challenge Collaborative has monthly challenges, and July is...flowers.  For me...ugh!  They may as well have asked me to re-create a DaVinci on my nails.  I just don't do flowers...  So, I really was playing with the idea of, you know, QUITTING, but that kind of takes away from the spirit of a challenge, doesn't it???  So I bit the bullet, and sat down to give it a go. 

I waited a couple of days to take the photos, since I wasn't sure I was going to share this one, but here they are.  Not too thrilled with the results, but at least I did it!!  Some noticeable tip wear, and obvious dotting errors with the centers of some of the flowers.  And let me add, I'm left handed so this art was done with my non-dominant hand.  It actually turned out better than my right hand did....yea,  that says something, but I'm not quite sure what yet. 

Colors Used:
SinfulShine - Your's Truly  (spelling from bottle)
Emori -  various colors of nail art polishes.

I think I kind of like how my ring finger turned out...hmm, I may have to try that on all my nails next time.  I can definitely say my floral nail art is a work in progress.





















Week 1 down, 3 to go...  Take a look at the other ladies flowers for this week.  See y'all for week 2!

Liz

4 comments:

  1. I like your finger alot, too. Reminds me of cherry blossoms.

    Great first flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can always count on you for the ego boost!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You did a nice job! My DH told me my first (and only) flower attempt looked like little flies, lolol. Bless him for his honesty :) I love the colros you used and I have to laugh when a major polish company messes up on spelling or punctuation. Like, spell check that! I know you've got one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel like I have to put that the polish name is misspelled on the bottle - if I don't, I get called out on it. Then, the only comment that gets made is about the grammar! And thanks for the support on my first attempt.

      Delete