Sunday, February 23, 2014

NOTD: Sunday, February 23, 2014 Polish Addict Banana Colada

Happy sunny Sunday!  Temps here are still well below average for this time of year, but I'll take the sunshine!  Just wanted to share my mani for today...I recently got my mystery box order from Polish Addict Nail Color, and this is one of the colors:




Color Used:  Banana Colada




I'm gonna tell you, every time I saw this in Laura's shop, I bypassed it.  Banana to me = yellow, and yellow on me = death.  I never even bothered to open up the link to see swatches for this polish.  But I have to say, I'm glad this bottle made it's way into my hands.  I'm am very pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong.


Although there is a faint yellow tint to this in the bottle, it shows very neutral on me.  I didn't put this on too heavy - I only used 2 coats, so it is just barely opaque.  I think my nail bed color is peeking through a bit to change this color to have a slight peachy tint that's not really coming through in the photos.  I like it.  And with the explosion of glitter in it, it's far from boring; especially with the sprinkling of neon glitters...I'm finding myself staring at my nails trying to search them out.

I can totally see myself wearing this when the weather is warmer and I have some skin color.  I've never used a tanning bed, but I gotta tell you, I'm looking at my gym to see how much a tanning package costs.


Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment