Wet n Wild - Miami Spirit from the Fergie collection (teal green with a blue micro shimmer)
Different Dimension - Money (milky white base w/neon green, yellow, aqua, white & holo glitters)
Just look at all those big DOTS!
I had Money on for a couple of days, and decided to do a complimentary color on top for the taping. I wish I had thought to take a photo of Money before I covered it up, because I am loving the Pink Floyd inspired collection that was put out.
I got all my polishes - and top coat - out, cut all my little tapes, and got to work. I've read all the hints that people have about taping: 1) being consistent in the order you lay down your tape, 2) making sure you have good contact all across your nail , ESPECIALLY along the edges, etc... One thing I don't remember reading though is how much of a pain in the butt it is to polish over all that tape sticking all over your fingers! I think part of my problem was that Miami Spirit, although it looks pretty well pigmented, needed two coats for this.
Just a couple close-up shots of the lines...I like the way my thumb turned out. I didn't start out wanting to cross over the dot; it just kind of happened.
Back in January of this year, I got involved in this whole crazy world...I have found some friends in the cyberworld who have the same obsession that I do, and I gotta tell you, it is comforting. I stumbled onto Kimber's Lacquer Korner, and on it there was a challenge posed - the ABC Challenge - that ANYONE could get involved in. I requested to join, and was accepted. I then created this blog, and the sister Facebook page, so I could play in the big sandbox. This was never meant to be more than just the method for me to participate in the weekly event.
Flash forward to now - six months later - and I have followers on Bloglovin' (can I just say !!!!!), as well as followers on Facebook. They aren't many, but they are all very much appreciated.
So, here is my little thank you gift - one photo is with flash, one is without. These bottles are each 7ml, so basically 1/2 size of a regular bottle:
Rules are simple -1) This is new for me, so with this giveaway, only US residents are eligible. SORRY!!
2) Comment specifically on this blog post that you want to be entered for the giveaway, and leave your Facebook address. I will only accept comments that are time stamped from the day this post goes live until Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 11:59pm CDT.
3) Names will be put on a numbered list, and I will use a random number generator to choose the winner.
4) I will contact the winner by private message on Facebook, and you will have 24 hours to reply. If I don't hear back, I will draw another name.
5) I will announce the winner next week on the Mish Mash Challenge #3 blog post, once I have been able to contact them.
6) Although I will pack these babies REALLY well, I will not be responsible for the condition in which they arrive. As much as I would like to be in control of the postal carriers, I just can't guarantee it.
Thank you again, everyone!!
Please take a look with me at all the other lovely ladies in this challenge below. If you are interested in joining, I have a tab above describing the challenge, along with info on how to get involved.
Till next time!