Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ABC Challenge- "M" is for Magic Attraction

*Follow my blog with Bloglovin*

Back for another week - wow, they are coming fast.  I had originally planned for this week to do a cute manicure of the funny little guys from the animated movie "Despicable Me" - Minions. 
 

But, I didn't feel like cute.  Holidays are still hard, and the depression still sets in, though not quite as badly as Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I needed something pretty and...girly, hoping that it would help lift my mood (trust me on this - cute and juvenile would have made things worse).  So the little twinkie guys had to go, but they are still a possibility somewhere down the line. 

While I was out shopping, I always take a walk down the cosmetic aisles - not that I need to, mind you - I just can't help but make a pass through.  I wanted to pick up another bottle of the fabulous flakie I used last week, and came across the beauty I have used this week - Magic Attraction.  Here is the finished product:


 
I had to take photos of this before I did the striping on it - check out the bling:  Had to take a blurry picture to get the colors flashing off the glitter.  Sorry that photos are so washed out - with flash too bright, and without too dark.

So, I used the following - all drugstore brands this week (from left to right in photo):
1. Sinful: Starfish /  2. Pure Ice: Superstar!  / 3. Sinful:  Folly /  4. Studio M:  Magic Attraction


I'm pretty happy with the final effect.  Lines were free-handed - not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  And it did perk me up - mission accomplished.  Oh, and had to share this photo - I put this box on the futon next to me, and turned around to pick up a couple of bags of things I wanted to put in the box.  When I turned back, this is what I was greeted with:

AND her name is Maize - she fits in with the letter this week!
 
So again, big thanks to Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner for organizing this weekly challenge.  
If you are interested in joining, just head on over to her page, click on the ABC Challenge link under her banner, and get the info to e-mail her your request to join.  This is a closed group, so you will need to get the OK to be added, but anyone & everyone is welcome. We still have half the alphabet left, so plenty of time to get in.

Please stop and take a look at all the other ladies in the challenge, and enjoy the rest of the week.  Only 2 more days till the weekend starts!

18 comments:

  1. Loooooooooool your cat is adorable! <3 I just saw despicable me for the first time this week, such a funny movie XD But this mani instead is also reaaaaally pretty! Magic attraction is beautiful and I love the pink stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!!! I just drooled all over my keyboard!! This polish is incredible!! And your lines are perfect!! I'm so going to have to do this mani!! And thank goodness I'm not the only one that can't go into a store without going to the beauty section. I really hate it when I'm broke. I always find something I HAVE to have when I'm broke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maize is super cute! <3
    And, of course, also your nail art is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I love this! Not too shabby? Your lines look great! I thought it was done with tape, honestly! Minions were a good idea, but no regrets! This one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo that's so pretty! I love all the colors and how it sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cats must immediately sit in or on anything that I set within their general reach...totally a cat thing. Sorry you were feeling down, but I'm glad the mani cheered you up a bit. It's a lovely bit of work there and that glitter business is gorgeous! I've got to start shopping where you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd drop a bottle off to you, but since you are not at the pet store anymore...by the way, how is the new job?

      Delete
  7. What is it with cats and boxes!! It's such a weird thing to be into, little funny ducks! My cats are box lovers as well, so we always have one out for them!! This turned out amazing and freehand lines, excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magic Attraction is a beautiful color! Great job on your mani. Love the Minions from Despicable Me :) Your cat is so cute, I've got 2 cats and every time I have a box that I empty out one of my cats always gets in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of candy canes! Yes your lines came out very nicely and tidy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the candy canes until you posted this comment. Now, that's all I see!.

      Delete
  10. Ah, cats and boxes! That is a magic attraction, too. They just can't resist!
    I am sorry you were feeling a little down, though I must say the nail art definitely reminds me of Christmas and you said that's even worse (I know, maybe for other reasons, but festivities let me down, too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness...I'm in love with Maize. She reminds me so much of my precious Chloe (aka lapcat, muffler, seriously clingy but much adored feline)!

    I like what you did here with the striping. It looks very festive, and perfectly executed. The fact that you did that OVER the Magic Attraction just blows my mind. Whenever I try something like that over a textured glitter base, I get nowhere fast.

    Beautiful job, honey!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that this glitter dried like very fine sand paper - didn't realize how small the pieces of glitter were. One coat of top coat, and it was smooth. Can't believe it throws off as much color as it does.

      Delete
  12. Wow so shimmery & sparkly! Well done with that free hand art :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with this! The striping is fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is super sparkly!!! Love it! Great freehand stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is so pretty and sparkling! Love, love, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete