Friday, October 24, 2014

Crumpet's 52 week challenge - Week #4


Week #4 - 70's and/or grey + color

I'm back, and this is a week I've been dreading.  I didn't want to do the grey & color theme, because that would be easy.  I decided at the beginning that I was going to do the 70's, but how do I do it without it looking like...the 70's?  Avocado green, mustard yellow, rust, shag carpet...if you were alive and cognizant in that decade, you know what I'm talking about.

I ended up searching for some images, and came across 3 that I incorporated into this week's challenge, and I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised.  This works as an OK fall mani.  Yay me!

Colors used:
Revlon - Elegant (this is an AWESOME nude/light taupe)
China Glaze - Electric Pineapple
Sinful Colors - Beau Khaki
L'Oreal - Chestnut Rouge
Maybelline Salon Finish - Cinnamon

The stamping plate that I used:  Cheeky CH14

After doing a Google search for the 70's, here are my inspiration images:

















I was a little impatient with the top coat.  I ended up smearing the stamping and dotting a bit...boo. And, I had to do the 4 finger pose for these...my cats were chasing each other, and ran under my feet.  I clocked my hand into the door jamb, and half the polish on my thumb scraped off.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this week's finished look.  I'm going to leave you with this photo of my cat Snickers.  She has started doing this - sitting by my leg for 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time.  Not meowing, not purring, tail not moving, not blinking...it's really starting to freak me out a little.


Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment