Saturday, November 16, 2013

Spotlight Saturday for 11/16/2013


I'M BACK!!!!!!!  Whether or not that is a good or bad thing, well, I'll leave that up to you to decide.

I've got a Spotlight Saturday for you that has me wavering from hate it to love it, and I'm cycling through both extremes pretty quickly.  I'm currently in the LOVE IT swing, so I figured I better write this post now.   (FYI - the photos aren't going to be great today; I explain why further down).
Yes, it is blurry.  But it shows off the AMAZING
holographic goodies in the glitter topper!

Colors used:



So, this mani has a lot going on, and I mean A LOT!   Between the multi-chrome of the Orly polish, and the always oh-so-gorgeous Different Dimension topper, my eyes - and my camera - don't know where to focus.  Do these photos show how this looks in real life?  Not. Even. Close. 

I have been waiting pretty much all day so far to try and take pictures, but Mother Nature is being...difficult...today, so dark and dreary lighting is the best I can do.  I was inside right up next to a window as I took them; no way was I going outside to do it.  I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, right before the twister took the house.  There are leaves flying and swirling around my windows, and not small ones either.  I'm talking big-ass Oak-sized leaves...and I'm on the 3rd floor.

WITHOUT FLASH.
WITH FLASH.
So, I guess I should answer the why do I hate/love it.  Both ends have the same answer...there is just so much going on.  The base color is a lot to take in - anyone who has this or worn it hopefully will agree with me.  It is an icy blue to green, with a strong pink glow.  I never got a full-on shift to pink, but it tinged the blue enough to look lavender.  Then the bright metallic, holographic glitter in the DD polish...WOW!

FREAKIN' BLURRY AGAIN!!!
This color combo is SO outside of my habit zone for this time of the year, it almost makes me a little uncomfortable to wear it.  Is that weird???  But in the few hours I have been wearing it, I am definitely falling more into the LOVE side of this.

I've decided I'm going to ease myself back into the blogging thing.  I'm loving my polishes again, and I'm looking at the bottles excitedly, not grudgingly.  I don't ever see this blog being anything huge, just somewhere I can show off my pretties (whew, I literally just had a flash of Gollum there for a second) and share my wit.  It will never be about numbers, boosting viewership, promoting, or reviewing.  It's just going to be someplace to visit and have a little fun; it was never meant to be or feel like work.  I stopped for a break because I let some of that "gotta get a blog post up" pressure get to me.  Now?  If one goes up, great.  If not, there's always tomorrow...I'll get around to it.

So enough talk, right?  Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

L.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! The weather is pretty gross today, isn't it? I'm terrible and always take my pics indoors anyway...I figure that's where most folks are admiring their polish most of the time so might as well give an accurate representation. And I'm rambling :) Glad to have you back in the swing and, for the record, I love this mani! Not too much for me at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back! Love this mani, makes me think icy and cold!

    ReplyDelete